pspp-users

Re: encrypted SPSS .sav files

From: Alina
Subject: Re: encrypted SPSS .sav files
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 22:01:31 +0000 (UTC)

Ben Pfaff <blp <at> cs.stanford.edu> writes:

> I see that recent SPSS supports password-based encryption of .sav
> files.  If anyone is interested in having support for reading or
> writing these files, then a good place to start would be to take a
> small .sav and then save three or so versions of it, two of them with
> the same password (to see whether the file content changes even if the
> password does not) and a third with a different password, and then
> send all the files, and the passwords, to the list.

Hi!

So sorry to bother you!

I have an SPSS .sav file that i encrypted with a password which is now not
working-- i opened it this morning, and now i can't open it! I am beyond
myself-- i don't understand what is going on. I read the thread that you
figured out a code to open encrypted files? Or Do you have any other advice? I
don't know what i have done wrong!

I really appreciate any and all your time and help on this issue!

Thank you so much!!
Alina