pspp-users

Re: import database files from opendocument ODB

From: Paul Wright
Subject: Re: import database files from opendocument ODB
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 09:19:32 -0700 (PDT)

I meant really ODB (OASIS open document data base) and not ODBC (Open DataBase Connectivity).

Specifications for opendocument: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/

Specifications for ODBC: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms714177%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Microsoft open specifications program: https://www.microsoft.com/openspecifications/en/us/default.aspx

About xbase, is the format that appeared in mime types of files open document data base tables, so I imagine that its specification is in the documentation.

Not really a priority, but I remember that SPSS had an import wizard to databases (such as Access), so you might bear the counterparty opensurce (Libreoffce Base).

Cheers