pspp-users

Re: set /format

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: set /format
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 12:23:24 -0700

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 09:59:20PM +1200, Kees Varekamp wrote:
> I am trying to set the default format as follows:
> set /format=F4.0.

OK.

> But it doesn't seem to work - when I create new variables with compute, if,
> or recode they still have the factory default F8.2

PSPP and SPSS both document that COMPUTE creates variables with format
F8.2.

SPSS documents that IF creates variables with format F8.2.  PSPP doesn't
document anything (we should fix that).

SPSS documents that RECODE creates variables with the format specified
on SET FORMAT.  PSPP doesn't document anything (we should fix that) and
if it doesn't do what SPSS does then we should fix that too.

Thanks,

Ben.