pspp-users

uninstalling PSPP uninstalled other programs and files on my computer!

From: Skeptical Expressions
Subject: uninstalling PSPP uninstalled other programs and files on my computer!
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 03:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

I installed PSPP (0.7.9-gf00c84-blp-build20120629 for Windows PSPP_0.7.9_2012-06-29_32bits, see links below) and tried to open it, but it failed to open. I then went to uninstall it, clicking on the PSPP uninstall icon. Uninstalling PSPP has uninstalled most of my important Program Files, much of Microsoft Office, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer (but not Firefox); and other programs such as SPSS, R, and OpenStat. I presently cannot access any of these programs files, including those in My Documents. Fortunately I have back-ups for the contents of the files, but this is a major hassle which will cost me a lot of time and trouble. I want to notify the developers and warn others not to download PSPP (or if already downloaded, don't uninstall it) until this problem is assessed by the developers.

http://pspp.awardspace.com/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/2012-06-29/pspp-079-20120629-32bits-Setup.exe/download

-anonymous