pspp-users

A problem with Linux version -> a solution

From: Matej Kovacic
Subject: A problem with Linux version -> a solution
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 21:28:20 +0200

Hi,

I think I have found and corrected the problem.

I a file /usr/share/pspp/frequencies.ui I have looked for a lines 114 to
118:

                      <packing>
                        <property name="expand">False</property>
                        <property name="fill">False</property>
                        <property name="position">0</property>
                      </packing>

I have set both two words False to True and now it looks OK.

However, I have found psppire (0.7.9, from Gandalf's repository) is
sometimes quite unstable. For instance when you try to open some new
dialog, it freezes for a while.

BTW, I have noticed similar problem with UI with Means dialog (but you
can expand variables aea) and Output Window - by default left side panel
is not visible, but you can expand it.

I have to carefully check all others dialogs to see if there are similar
problems, but it seems to me there could be some general problem with
.ui files...

Regards,

Matej