pspp-users

Re: Get File command brings up correct data, but called Dataset1

From: Jill Covert
Subject: Re: Get File command brings up correct data, but called Dataset1
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:54:13 -0700

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Harry Thijssen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Jill

>I have Henry's most recent Windows build from 04/11/12.

It is Harry--sorry Harry :(

>Although I was getting errors when trying to download the build yesterday on both computers ("error opening file for writing--Abort, Retry or Ignore/Skip file"--and a .dll file name), I was successful today.

Do you mean when installing? Maybe PSPPIRE was in use yesterday? In
that case you can't update a file on MSWindows.

Maybe that was the problem--I don't remember now if it was open or not.

>My other question is how do I know if I've already uploaded the most current build? Is it somehow reflected in the version name?

Not sure what you mean by "uploaded". You can check the installed
version of PSPPIRE by clicking with the right mouse button on
PSPPIRE.EXE and look for the properties.

What I'm wondering is if, for example, I can't remember what the latest build is that I've downloaded/installed(?), is there a way for me to find out--is it reflected in the properties of the installed version of PSPPIRE? At the time I thought that might be why it wasn't working (the download)--b/c it had already been updated with that build, but it doesn't sound like that was the issue. (Sorry if all my terminology is wrong).

Anyway, I seem to be doing okay with the "crashing." It was actually "Assertion Failed" I guess b/c there was something wrong with my syntax. Sorry to have troubled you. In the future I'll be sure to include a .sav file with the syntax.

Thanks,
Jill

Can you provide a small data file and syntax which results in a crash?

Have fun

We know how to organize warfare, but do we know how to act when confronted with peace?

    -- Jacques-Yves Cousteau (1910-1997)