pspp-users

pspp and cairo

From: Rob Malpass
Subject: pspp and cairo
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 14:12:52 +0100

Hi all

I thought I'd try compiling the pspp source tarball but ./configure is complaining it can't see cairo and pango - but I have installed both via synaptic and reran configure.   What else do I need to do?

Please - before anyone suggests the synaptic pspp package or using the tarball binary - please read below - something of a tale of woe!   Compiling from source seems my only option at the moment.

* the windows version is 0.7.8 which is recent enough but very buggy in other respects (e.g. the file requester seems very strange compared to others e.g. not displaying certain files when I know they're in the right folder)

* the default Linux version is 0.6.2 which is old and doesn't have much of the functionality I need.

* the tarball binary version seems to produce executables which don't do anything

Grateful for constructive suggestions.

Thx