pspp-users

PSPP FEEDBACK

From: Giovanny Leon
Subject: PSPP FEEDBACK
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 22:16:47 -0600

Good morning!!!
I recently begin to use the PSPP statistical program.

Ít´s a very good alternative for the SPSS.  It has a very friendly interface and it´s easy to use and perform a large number of statistical tests.

I like to make two suggestions for improvement of this program:

1. Include the LEVENE test for variance homogeneity as a separate test

The LEVENE test is included in your program as part of the T test used to compare means, but it is not included as a separate test, like the one included in the SPSS.

For me, this is a critical issue, because the LEVENE test is used to determine whether to use PARAMETRIC or NON PARMETRIC TESTS.

The PSPP includes both parametric and non parametric tests, You can determine if you can use one of each with the 1 - Sample Kolmogorov - Smirnov Test (included in the PSPP program), but, from an statistical point of view, the use of the LEVENE Test is also required determine if you use parametric or non parametric test.

My suggestion is to include in the PSPP the LEVENE test, in a similar way as the SPSS does. This will give, in my opinion, more strenght to your program.

2. Exporting graphs to other types of documents

I´ve some difficulties exporting graphs to the Word program.  Instead of a graph, rows and columns of data appear in Word.

I suggest in this case to review this issue.  In the SPSS, one can Copy a graph a the paste it in a Word document with no problem.

I hope this feedback be useful in developing newer versions of the PSPP.

Regards!

Giovanny León