pspp-users

Re: New Debian packaging effort

From: bojo42
Subject: Re: New Debian packaging effort
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:33:49 +0100

No problem, which text should i include?

The current ones are:

debian/control:

 PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It
 interprets commands in the SPSS language and produces tabular output
 in ASCII, PostScript, or HTML format.
 .
 PSPP development is ongoing. It already supports a large subset of
 SPSS's transformation language.  Its statistical procedure support is
 currently limited, but growing.

debian/pspp.doc-base:

Abstract: PSPP is a tool for statistical analysis of sampled data.
 It reads a syntax file and a data file, analyzes the data, and writes
 the results to a listing file or to standard output.
 The language accepted by PSPP is similar to those accepted by SPSS
 statistical products.  The details of PSPP's language are given
 in this manual.
 Besides the command line tools it also features a GTK based GUI named
psppire,
 that is much more user friendly and also provides an integrated help
system.