pspp-users

Re: Citing PSPP

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: Citing PSPP
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:00:37 -0500

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 06:26:55PM -0400, David Sean wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What is the preferred way to cite the use of PSPP in scientific articles?

It looks like no one has responded, so here is my best attempt:

There is no standard way to cite PSPP that I know of, but PSPP is part
of the GNU project, so you could give a reference like

B. Pfaff, J. Darrington et. al. GNU PSPP. http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/

GSL's maintainer asks for citations of the printed manual, but I
don't think any publisher currently distributes printed copies of the
PSPP manual.

-Jason