pspp-users

Re: When would a new Ubuntu PSPP deb file become avaiable?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: When would a new Ubuntu PSPP deb file become avaiable?
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 05:20:32 +0000

Ben pointed out that unfortunately the Debian PSPP package is currently
"orphaned" because the maintainer is no longer active.  This means that until
a new maintainer comes forward, there are unlikely to be any future .deb
packages - at least not offical ones.

So if anyone wishes to step into that role, it would be a great way to
indirectly contribute to PSPP.  The Debian folks have detailed information
on how people can join. See  http://www.debian.org/devel/join/
and they have a mentoring process to make things easier for new maintainers.

John