pspp-users

Huge Text Files

From: Rob Malpass
Subject: Huge Text Files
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:29:43 +0100

Hi all

Can someone have a go at getting [1] into pspp for me?   I've tried and had all sorts of problems:

1) PSPP didn't seem to like variable names which had no alphabetic characters so I prefixed each year with a Y.

2) pspp didn't seem to like scientific notation.

3) For some reason it only imported 100k of the 200k rows.

I had to fiddle around in Excel2010 before I could get anywhere - and even now I can't get the full file in pspp.

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers

Rob

[1]  http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog