pspp-users

Fwd: re: Problem opening File Error : offset 0x960 (with psppire.exe-0.7

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Fwd: re: Problem opening File Error : offset 0x960 (with psppire.exe-0.7.7 or 0.7.5.)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:55:49 +0200

>eric thivant <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>  I've just started working with PSPP.  And I have just one problem with the
>> opening of one file "test.sav"..
>> It's writen in the output
>>
>> GET
>>
>> error: "D:\DOCUME~1\THI54ERI\MESDOC~1\1349427.sav" near offset 0x960: Unknown
>> variable format 0.
>>
>>  Do you know where the problem comes from ? Do you think it's about the
>> variables and the problem of translation (french accent).
>
>I recently fixed many problems with non-ASCII characters in
>variable names.  If that is the problem, then using a very recent
>version of PSPP (built from sources newer than Monday, April 25)
>should fix the problem.
>
>But "Unknown variable format 0" would not normally be a problem
>with non-ASCII characters.  Can you send this .sav file to me?
>(I will not share it with anyone.)  I can probably find and fix
>the problem.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ben.

I created a new mswindows installer so Eric can test this. I didn't check, but I used the build of today and I assume this build should also include the quick clustering.
I didn't do any test on this version but I don't aspect probelms with it.

You can find the installer here http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/2011-04-29/

Have fun