pspp-users

How to put a line of arbitrary text in the output stream?

From: Juan Zuluaga
Subject: How to put a line of arbitrary text in the output stream?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:44:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello PSPP people,
may I ask how to put a line of arbitrary text in the output stream? I'm having
a bit of trouble with the new line. I realize it may not be a pspp problem but
a bash feature -- any ideas would be appreciated.

My system: linux, bash, pspp 0.7.7.

I tried the -O init option, also the ECHO command -- nice in that I can put a
line anywhere, but the preceding ECHO is a minor annoyance.

juan:$ pspp example.sps -O init='String to be written'|head -n 5
String to be writtenDATA LIST

Reading free-form data from INLINE.
|Variable|Format|

juan:$ pspp example.sps -O init='String to be written\n'|head -n 5
String to be written\nDATA LIST