pspp-users

Re: howto importing sorted variables into existing file

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: howto importing sorted variables into existing file
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 12:23:04 +0000

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 04:10:56PM +0100, Antje Haussen Lewis wrote:
     As a relative newbie to statistics and pspp I have not been able to figure
     out how to do the following:

     I have an open text response variable that I will be categorizing using
the
     Coding Analysis Toolkit (http://cat.ucsur.pitt.edu/). I want to import the
     results (a set of around a dozen yes/no variables) into my existing .sav
     file to exist alongside the original responses.

     Any ideas? Importing csv data only replaced the entire file, which was
     luckily only a copy..

I'm not sure from your description exactly what you're trying to do.  But
possibly
the MATCH FILES command is what you're looking for.  See the manual for details.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3