pspp-users

output as csv from console

From: Björn Manke
Subject: output as csv from console
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 13:23:45 +0100

Hi,

I’d like to output results to a csv file with semi-colons as separators and possibly some more custiomization.

How would I do that from the console?

My problems:

a)      Can this be done and if so, where and how? In the mysterious “devices” file? In the console command?

b)      I can’t find any “devices” file, that is supposedly (according to documentation) handling the default behavior and seems to be the place for defining what I want to see in my file. Can I make my own? Any templates?

c)       From pspp --help I learnt, that there is something like -O OPTION=VALUE, that looks like it could be helpful. Where can I find documentation about what OPTIONs and VALUEs exist?

d)      Is it possible to suppress certain messages so that I get the raw results, i.e: running a correlation I don’t need any error messages or the like, just the naked result table values

(This is what I’ve tried btw:

pspp "K:\PSPP_Test\Syntax1.sps" -o "K:\PSPP_Test\psppoutput.csv"

It resulted in a csv file with commas. Semi-colons would be preferable, since the values contain commas themselves.)

Thanks in advance

Björn

System:

PSPP version: (GNU PSPP) 0.7.5-g70514b