pspp-users

RE: [WinXP] - PSPP - Command Line Arguments (Ben de Haan)

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: RE: [WinXP] - PSPP - Command Line Arguments (Ben de Haan)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 10:53:12 +0200

>     I have found that some of the documented command line configuration options
>     are failing to be recognized. For example '--config-dir', '--device' &
>     '--out-file'.
>
> These options are from a former version.  You say they are "documented", but I am
> fairly sure all reference has been deleted from the manual for 0.7.5 -- if not, then
> that is a bug, and should be reported as such.

There might be a problem that this version is build from a not official released PSPP tarball and it is much newer/better/extensive as the released version. So you can't always use the "official" manual, although most things are the same.
You can find the manual corresponding to your actual PSPP version local on your PC with "Start" "All programs" "PSPP" "Manual". The link on pspp.awardspace.com points to newer versions of the manual which don't have a corresponding windows setup yet.

Anyway, if it is wrong in the manual local on your PC it is a bug and it should be reported.

Have fun