pspp-users

Re: Queries

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Queries
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 04:22:24 +0000

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 07:28:30PM -0700, NewbiePspp wrote:

     Hi, Everyone,

     Would like to know a few things about pspp.  could you please help?

     1. /OUTFILE=* MODE=ADDVARIABLES
     This command is used in SPSS.  Could you please let me know if there is any
     equivalent command in PSPP to add variables?

This feature exists in the latest master version, but was added very recently
(about
a week ago).  It's not yet in any pre-compiled binary (so far as I'm aware).

     2. PSPP's features says that it does fast statistical procedures on very
     large datasets.  Could anybody tell me how much large datasets can be used?

How long is a peice of string?   It's limited only by the size of your computer.
There are no limits  imposed by the software itself.

     3. In the version i have installed i cannot open the reference manual from
     the help?  Is it not yet implemented?  The version i have installed is the
     latest windows version. (setup-pspp-20100611.exe)

Possibly this feature doesn't work on Windows.  However it certainly works on
the
majority of GNU/Linux systems.   Whilst we endeavour to make PSPP available to
users of all systems, the priority is for GNU systems such as GNU/Linux.

The reference manual for version 0.6.2 is also available from the PSPP web page.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3