pspp-users

Re: PSPP Environmental variables

From: James
Subject: Re: PSPP Environmental variables
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:11:56 -0400

John,

I am more than happy to recompile pspp to get this working, but what would need
to be changed?  As I mentioned previously, I had set the TMPDIR environmental
variable before compilation/installation, but pspp didn't seem to pick it up
If I need to edit a file to remove the "tmpfile()" command as well, I would
probably need help locating it.

As for WORKSPACE, according to the documentation online, it is an accepted
variable, but it is ignored when the program is run.

http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/pspp.html#SET

     (obsolete settings accepted for compatibility, but ignored)
             /BOXSTRING={'xxx','xxxxxxxxxxx'}
 **LIST EDITED FOR BREVITY **
             /WORKSPACE=workspace_size

Thank you again for the quick reply,