pspp-users

Re: Scatterplot

From: David Nasatir
Subject: Re: Scatterplot
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:42:48 -0700

Hello,

I'm the guy trying to fit a line to a scatterplot in PSPP. John Darrington suggested it might be done using the REGRESSION procedure with "...a bit more manual work".

What would that work be?  What steps should I follow?

I understand that the syntax in SPSS would be something like:

* Curve Estimation.
TSET NEWVAR=NONE .
PREDICT THRU END.
CURVEFIT /VARIABLES=happy  WITH educ
 /CONSTANT
 /MODEL=LINEAR
 /PLOT FIT.

but, of course, that doesn't work in the version of PSPPIRE 0.7.2 that I have been using

At the moment I must move the data to Open Office Calc, do the regression using that program and then insert a line. I would rather just stay in PSPPIRE 0.7.2 if possible.

Thanks for your help and for all the good work you have been doing

David