pspp-users

Re: Empty PNG files

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Empty PNG files
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:48:43 +0800

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:44:15AM -0400, Jonathan Fowler wrote:
     I tried that syntax but I'm stuck after the second line (loop #i
     = 1 to 100). It says it expects end of command after that line.

Did you remember the terminating `.' ?

     On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 06:02:24AM -0700, fowlerjk wrote:

          I'm using PSPP in Windows XP via Cygwin. My experience with Unix is
very
          limited (I have a Parallels install of Ubuntu on my Mac at home, and
that's
          about it).

          I can get the syntax commands to produce analyses in HTML and ASCII,
but
          when I instruct the system to produce a plot (e.g. boxplot), the
output file
          is empty. 0 bytes. What am I doing wrong?

     Perhaps there is a problem with the cygwin plotter or with your libplot
installation, or perhaps your data set has no values.

     Do you get anything with the code below?

     input program.
       loop #i = 1 to 100.
         compute x = normal(50).
         end case.