pspp-users

Re: Viewer tables into Excel?

From: Karel Novotny
Subject: Re: Viewer tables into Excel?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:33:13 -0200

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 19:57 -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Karel Novotny <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Having the function mentioned by Mario would mean a big leap for PSPP. I
> > am an average linux user who sticks up with GUIs (where possible). Being
> > able to export the results to an excel (or OpenOffice)-readable format
> > would spare me a big amount of work.
>
> I would like to add support for output in ODF, which is
> OpenOffice's native document format.

That would be great. Thanks!

> I can't predict when anyone will have time to do that.
>
> > Is there a wishlist to which one could add ideas?
>
> Sure.  You can visit https://savannah.gnu.org/p/pspp and file a
> "wishlist" bug.

Ok, I will check it out and eventually add.

And yes, Mario, you can import the .txt output into an OO spreadsheet,
but... a) you end up with a lot of unwanted characters in many cells
that you need to clean up, and b) because of the way the txt file is
formated, the cells in the row containing totals are usually shifted
left by one column (at least in the case of results for frequencies and
correlations that I was using). You have to fix that manually which
increases a chance of introducing an error and is also time consuming.

that's why I would find the direct output into odf or xls to be a great
improvement.

cheers

Karel