pspp-users

Re: configure can't find libraries

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: configure can't find libraries
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:29:43 -0700

Jim Lemon <address@hidden> writes:

> Just tried to install PSPP and configure can't find some libraries:
>
> configure: error: The following required prerequisites are not
> installed.
> You must install them before PSPP can be built:
>         libplot (or use --without-libplot)
>         libgslcblas
>         libgsl (version 1.4 or later)
>
> I don't really care about libplot, but I do have the others:
>
> /usr/local/pspp-0.6.0> locate libgsl
> /usr/lib/libgsl.so.0
> /usr/lib/libgsl.so.0.7.0
> /usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0
> /usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0.0.0

Is the installed GSL version 1.4 or later?  If not, then that is
likely the problem.  Otherwise, could you pass along config.log
(produced by configure)?  It will probably point out the
underlying problem.
--
"Welcome to the Slippery Slope. Here is your handbasket.
 Say, can you work 70 hours this week?"