pspp-users

Re: 0.6.0-10 PSPP windows - Queries (WinXP)

From: David Purdy
Subject: Re: 0.6.0-10 PSPP windows - Queries (WinXP)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 20:43:08 +0100

OK:

1) psppire.txt - editpadlite won't open it: "Access is denied" (and ditto with the same message using Windows Notepad)

2) Quicker 'Save' - I've had some mixed results, maybe influenced by working with a large file (>500,000 records).   After trying something similar to the very slow save reported earlier (after deleting all but about 7 fields), I got the impression that the file was being created much more quickly.

However, with other tests, I've also encountered PSPP Windows being closed almost immediately after the Save instruction, and having also created this file:

C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Temp\psppire.exe.stackdump

Regards,

Dave.