pspp-users

Re: Graphing in PSPP

From: Faramir
Subject: Re: Graphing in PSPP
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 07:51:05 -0400

John Darrington escribió:

> I agree.  An important part of statistical analysis is the ability to
> represent data in a way that assists visualisation, and graphs are one
> obvious way to do that.   But I get the feeling that "hippie dream" is
> interested in generating plots with fancy fonts, 3D effects etc (for
> which gnuplot is ideal), rather than to understand a trend in some
> data.   Of course it's always possible to use PSPP to transform your
> data into a form which can be used by gnuplot (or some other plotting
> tool).
>
>       Off course, I don't complain about lacking the edit graphics
>      feature, as long as it is in the "to do" list...
>
> Yes.  It's on the list.   If you feel like helping out, post a message
> to the pspp-dev mailing list.

  Unfortunately, I have problems making a simple calculator with visual
basic, so I think the only help I can provide, is dressing as a
cheerleader, and since I am a guy, I think it would not help much... but
I will try to make some friend, both of them users of spss, to try pspp,
and provide some feedback, if you think that may be useful...

Regards