pspp-users

Re: reports of pspp-0.6.0-pre3

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: reports of pspp-0.6.0-pre3
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 16:56:48 +0800

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 09:07:39AM +0200, unknown-1 wrote:
     Hi

     PSPP-0.6.0-pre3 compiled on openSUSE 10.3 and Cygwin/Cygwin-ports.
     Compilation works fine. No errors.

     When using Psppire:

     On openSUSE when Help | Reference manual is used: (psppire is started from
     console)
     =====================

     address@hidden:~> psppire

     ** (yelp:4206): WARNING **: Owner of /tmp/orbit-<zzzz> is not the current
     user

[:snip:]

     (yelp:4206): libgnomevfs-CRITICAL **: gnome_vfs_monitor_add: assertion
     `text_uri != NULL' failed

These warnings are going to have to stay until the yelp developers fix them.

[:snip:]

     "/opt/kde3/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/dtd/info.xml"
     I/O warning : failed to load external entity
     "/usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.4/info.xml"
     ========================
     <zzzz> is a user on my system but not the user which is used to test
     psppire. In fact that user never used psppire. A possible hint, the name of
     the current user is the first part of the user <zzzz>. Like, the current
     user is MyAccount and the <zzz> user is MyAccount-Prod.

This would seem to be SUSE specific messages.

     On Cygwin/Cygwin ports:

     When using Psppire on Cygwin (windows) every use of one of the functions,
     like Analyze  from the GUI wiil end with a crash of the program. Also Help
:
     Reference Manual has some problems. When used I get an error box with "The
     selected document could not be opened"

     The output on the console whe Analyze is used:

[:snip:]

     What I found:
     In /usr/local/lib/pspp, only libpsppire.a and libpsppire.al is generated.
No
     other files! According to the cygwin doc's and the libtool  configuration I
     would expect to find cygpsppire.dll in this directory too.  This dll can't
     be found anywhere on my computer.  If I copy another *.dll  and name it
     cygpsppire.dll.  The Analyze function etc.will start. (and crash after
that)
     In my opinion this proofs that cygpsppire.dll is indeed used (but it is
     nowhere on my PC)

Yes.  That's what it looks like on my cygwin build too.  It looks as
if libtool isn't clever enough to build dynamic libraries for Cygwin.
I tried to build this manually using dlltool, but gave up.  It seems
that a  Cygwin or libtool expert is required.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3