pspp-users

Re: Building PSPP on Fedora

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Building PSPP on Fedora
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:30:41 -0700

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 02:02:09PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>
>      At this point I'm puzzled and don't know what to suggest.  Does
>      anyone else have a suggestion?
>
> My guess is that he's installed the RPMs for the shared libraries, but
> not the "development" version.  Consequently, configure thinks (quite
> rightly) that the libraries necessary for building are not installed.

Usually that's a good guess, but he says that "gcc do-nothing.c
-lgslcblas -lm" (or something similar) doesn't have an error.  I
don't understand why it wouldn't give the same "-lgslcblas not
found" error message.
--
"There's only one thing that will make them stop hating you.
 And that's being so good at what you do that they can't ignore you.