pspp-dev

Re: .sav files not shown in pspp file dialogs?

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: .sav files not shown in pspp file dialogs?
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 21:10:11 +0100

Hi Friedrich

Thanks. It seems I used an old way connect the extention to the mime type. It worked for MSWindows but not for MingW anymore :-)
I implemented the new way for all the needed extensions.

It seems to work.

Have fun

Hi Harry,

I added the Key

application/x-spss-sav

with String Extension set to .sav in the registry in

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type

and then the file open dialog shows the .sav files also when the filter „Data and Syntax“
is applied. So the problem could be fixed on Windows 7 by adding this
key to the registry. See

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms775148(v=vs.85).aspx

The .zsav file is always shown because there is an explicit search for this
extension in the filter setup. See:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/pspp.git/tree/src/ui/gui/psppire-window.c#n657

Only the .sav files and .por files are searched via mime type.

Fritz