pspp-dev

Re: Sheet branch -- call for testing.

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Sheet branch -- call for testing.
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:28:10 +0200

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:49:47PM +0200, Friedrich Beckmann wrote:
     Hi John,

     thanks for brand new spread-sheet widget! I compiled the the sheet branch
and
     your library on MacOS and did a performance test with 20000 variables and
10000 cases on MacOS.
     Please find the video here

     https://youtu.be/5NkM-LNHTbE

     I did some testing with copy and pasting and selecting whole columns and
rows and it all looks
     very nice. Maybe the ???text editing??? with the black text on top of the
old white text is a little bit strange.

Something looks odd in that video.  The "second half" looks the same as the
first.
Are you sure you were running the right thing?

Anyway, what I'm really after is some "typical everyday use case" feedback,
rather than benchmark tests.

     During compile I found a problem with the pkg-config file for the
spread-sheet library.

     I think the Cflags should be

      -I${includedir}

     instead of

     Cflags: -I${includedir}/gtk-3.0

Thanks for spotting this.  I fixed that problem.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3