pspp-dev

Version 0.8.3 and translations

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Version 0.8.3 and translations
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 18:58:41 +0200

Hi

I would like to raise a timing issue with new releases and translations.

The translation project only accepts translations against the .pot file uploaded to the translation project. So the translator can only upload there newest version as soon as the new .pot is available in the translation project. If the new version is released before the translation is submitted to the translation project the new translation is not included in the new release.

For this reason I would like if there is some kind of time table and a pre-release would be submitted to the translation project, lets say at least 2 weeks before the the new version is released. This gives the translators 2 weeks to update their translations and have them included in the release. This 2 weeks also looks a good feature freeze time to iron out the last bugs.

What  do you think?

Have fun