pspp-dev

Re: make check on mac

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: make check on mac
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:58:19 +0000

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 08:08:47AM -0400, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

     /private is merely where your canonical folders alias to.  /etc goes to
/private/etc.
     I suspect this is to allow swapping out what drive is mounted at /,
something akin to chroot.

Many of pspp's tests follow the general pattern:

TEMPDIR=/tmp/pspp-tst-$$
TESTFILE=$TEMPDIR/`basename $0`.sps

# generate input file
cat > $TESTFILE <<EOF
EOF

# run pspp on the input file
pspp -o pspp.csv $TESTFILE

The problem seems to be that something automatically prepends that /private to
the
second evaluation of $TESTFILE, but not the first.  Maybe you could try adding
some
diagnostic lines to find out where it goes wrong.

Perhaps there is some special MacOS utility that we should call, to convert one
kind of filename to another?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3