pspp-dev

Re: possible workarounds for mingw setup

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: possible workarounds for mingw setup
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 16:25:48 -0700

> On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 08:00:33AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>      unknown-1 <address@hidden> writes:
>
>      >>The first is to fix the problem of it only works if unpacked on
> C:\msys,
>      >
>      > A partial work around could be if the installer patches the drive
> character in
>      > the installation. So an end user can, at install time, decide wether
> it is C:\
>      > msys D:\msys etc. Still no solution for networks etc, but it might
> work for a
>      > lot of users. (I didn't check this!)
>
>      I really do think that --enable-relocatable is a full solution
>      for this.
>
> I concurr.
>
>        If there are problems with it, then please do report
>      them and we will do our best to fix them.
>
> I found two (minor) problems, one of which has already been
> reported by Michel Boaventura.  A patch is attached.

Looks good to me.

> I would commit this, but I'm paranoid about touching the
> non-default branch since I messed it up.

Well, that's something we need to work on, then.  Can't have the
developers afraid to push out their changes.  That's a great way
to slow down development.

How about this to gain confidence: push your changes to a new
branch.  There's no way that can disturb any existing branches.
The syntax for that would be:
        git push origin HEAD:refs/heads/branch-name
where branch-name is whatever you want to call the new branch.
(This assumes that you want to push HEAD, i.e. what you currently
have checked out and committed.)
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org