pspp-dev

Re: GLM/ANOVA

From: Ed
Subject: Re: GLM/ANOVA
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 09:49:27 +0100

I read this code last night, and the existing implementation is
straightforward, but doesn't handle some of the more complicated
things:

sigma restricted encoding (this seems tough - might be worth leaving
as a later enhancement)
interactions
 - which lead to:
   nested designs
   [partial] factorial designs
   mixture surface models (i think they're called - regression with
interactions)

I'm not sure what the ideal spec for a routine building a design
matrix is. The existing code does everything you need at a basic
level, provided you have all your independent variables, but it
doesn't introduce terms to handle interactions. Something on top
perhaps needs to take a model spec like A(B) C C*D or whatever and
turn that into a set of independent variables for the design matrix
routine to handle.

I haven't really thought this through yet, but I am hoping to work on it.

Ed