pspp-dev

documentation for PSPP in French

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: documentation for PSPP in French
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:56:17 -0700

Julie Seguela <address@hidden> at CICT in France has written
some documentation for PSPP in French.  The documentation may be
read at
        http://cict.fr/~stpierre/doc-pspp.pdf
as a PDF or at
        http://cict.fr/~stpierre/doc-pspp.tex
in LaTeX format.

In the future, it is possible that she may formally contribute
this documentation to the PSPP project.  I'm forwarding some
messages that I've exchanged with Joseph Saint Pierre
<address@hidden>, who I assume to have been Julie's faculty
advisor at CICT.

Here's a translation of the first message into English (my French
is rusty and so mistakes are likely):

    Hello,

            Permit me to write on this list to announce the presence
    on my webpage of French documentation for the program GNU/PSPP.

            This documentation has been written this year by Julie
    Séguéla, student in License of Mathematical Applications and
    Social Sciences (MASS) at the University of Toulouse I.  The
    documentation may be viewed in Acrobat Reader format:
    http://cict.fr/~stpierre/doc-pspp.pdf

            Note that this documentation has been edited rather
    quickly and all comments and critiques are welcome.

            Note about all that the program GNU/PSPP still has
    numerous bugs and is far from being perfect.  For more
    information on this program I recommend that you visit this web
    page:
            http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/

            I think that the GNU/PSPP program is very interesting and
    that its existence is perfectly justified; in my opinion, it is
    not a question of competition with R, I think that GNU/PSPP and R
    will be rather complementary.

            Thank you for your interest.

            Very cordially,

            Joseph Saint Pierre
            http://cict.fr/~stpierre

I'd like to propose, for now, linking to these resources from the
PSPP webpage.  I'm planning to ask Julie directly whether she is
interested in contributing this documentation to PSPP.

Comments?