pspp-dev

[task #5698] First draft of CONTRIBUTING file

From: Jason H Stover
Subject: [task #5698] First draft of CONTRIBUTING file
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:48:43 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, task #5698 (project pspp):

"I'm surprised that this implies that the only, or at least primary,
difficulty in adding code to PSPP is hooking in the statistical
functionality. My guess is that input parsing and output formatting are at
least as much work, although they do tend to be more rote typing than
difficult work."

I used the term "hooking in" broadly to include all aspects of making the
statistical routine work with PSPP. I did not mean specifically making new
code compile in PSPP was the chief difficulty of adding new functionality.

I made the wording more specific and attached it as CONTRIBUTING_3.

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: CONTRIBUTING_3                 Size:5 KB

<http://savannah.gnu.org/task/download.php?file_id=10310>

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5698>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/