pspp-dev

Renaming

From: John Darrington
Subject: Renaming
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:05:49 +0800

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 07:50:07AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > Let's do the renaming, as good as we reasonably can, and then
     > check-in.

     OK.

I've started a table of proposed renames, attached below.  There's not
many that I have a very strong opionion on, so I've not made very many
entries.   Perhaps people had add what they think, and I'll rename
them when we've come to some sort of concensus.

The only other thing I that I'd add to this list at this stage, is
that I think it'd be worth making some of the names more consistent.
In particular,  filenames which are derived from two or more English
words; some are written with underscores, some with dashes, and some
with no delimeters at all.  I think we should make them all the same.
I read somewhere that dashes '-' are the prefered GNU standard.

Current Name                          Proposed Name
============                          =============

.:
automake.mk
ChangeLog
data
error.c
getl.c
getl.h
language
libpspp
math
output
ui
vfm.c
vfm.h

./data:
any-reader.c
any-reader.h
any-writer.c
any-writer.h
automake.mk
calendar.c
calendar.h
case.c
casefile.c
casefile.h
case.h
cat.c
cat.h
cat-routines.h
data-in.c
data-in.h
data-out.c
dictionary.c
dictionary.h
file-handle-def.c
file-handle-def.h
filename.c
filename.h
format.c
format.def
format.h
lex-def.c                             identifier.c
lex-def.h                             identifier.h
missing-values.c
missing-values.h
mkfile.c
mkfile.h
pfm-read.c
pfm-read.h
pfm-write.c
pfm-write.h
scratch-handle.c
scratch-handle.h
scratch-reader.c
scratch-reader.h
scratch-writer.c
scratch-writer.h
settings.c
settings.h
sfmP.h
sfm-read.c
sfm-read.h
sfm-write.c
sfm-write.h
val.h
value-labels.c
value-labels.h
var.h
vars-atr.c

./language:
automake.mk
command.c
command.def
command.h
control
data-io
dictionary
expressions
lexer
stats
tests
utilities
xforms

./language/control:
automake.mk
ctl-stack.c
ctl-stack.h
do-if.c
loop.c
repeat.c
repeat.h
temporary.c

./language/data-io:
automake.mk
data-list.c
data-list.h
dfm-read.c
dfm-read.h
dfm-write.c
dfm-write.h
file-handle.h
file-handle.q
file-type.c
get.c
inpt-pgm.c
list.q
matrix-data.c
print.c

./language/dictionary:
apply-dict.c
automake.mk
formats.c
mis-val.c
modify-vars.c
numeric.c
rename-vars.c
split-file.c
sysfile-info.c
val-labs.c
var-display.c
var-labs.c
vector.c
weight.c

./language/expressions:
automake.mk
evaluate.c
evaluate.h.pl
evaluate.inc.pl
generate.pl
helpers.c
helpers.h
operations.def
operations.h.pl
optimize.c
optimize.inc.pl
parse.c
parse.inc.pl
private.h
public.h
TODO

./language/lexer:
automake.mk
format-prs.c
lexer.c
lexer.h
q2c.c
range-prs.c
range-prs.h
subclist.c
subclist.h
vars-prs.c

./language/stats:
aggregate.c
automake.mk
autorecode.c
correlations.q
crosstabs.q
descript.c
examine.q
flip.c
frequencies.q
means.q
oneway.q
rank.q
regression_export.h
regression.q
sort-prs.c
sort-prs.h
t-test.q

./language/tests:
automake.mk
casefile-test.c
moments-test.c
pool-test.c

./language/utilities:
automake.mk
date.c
echo.c
include.c
permissions.c
set.q
title.c

./language/xforms:
automake.mk
compute.c
count.c
recode.c
sample.c
sel-if.c

./libpspp:
algorithm.c
algorithm.h
alloc.c
alloc.h
automake.mk
bitvector.h
copyleft.c
copyleft.h
debug-print.h
hash.c
hash.h
magic.c
magic.h
misc.c
misc.h
pool.c
pool.h
pspp-error.h
start-date.c
start-date.h
str.c
str.h
version.h

./math:
automake.mk
chart.c                               tick-interval.c
chart.h                               tick-interval.h
design-matrix.c
design-matrix.h
factor_stats.c
factor_stats.h