[Protux-devel] Interesting idea.

From: Fabio dos Santos
Subject: [Protux-devel] Interesting idea.
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:05:22 -0200

I thought this was interesting! This is from the AbiWord Weekly. Lets
spread this idea too. I wonder is Linus could prohibit SCO from using
the Linux Kernel... :-)

You should also follow the thread:

SCO diddly :
→   Your editor, that's me, wanted to send a Cease & Desist order to
SCO.   Unfortunately, that requires you to find something out for us in
advanced.   We know OpenLinux used to offer AbiWord, but now, we need to
know whether or not SCO Linux also offers AbiWord.   Due to their
overall license, simply including AbiWord and a number of related files
that Dom lists here, would be enough of an excuse to send a bark letter
to SCO, especially if they don't they don't require you to agree to the
sublicense of the GPL for those specific applications (and LGPL for
Enchant, ironically).   So, I am ... (let's be honest, only Rui and I
enjoy GPL enforcement), that is, um we are looking for people who can
confirm that AbiWord is in SCO Linux.   As Dom put it, “If you can
confirm for me, under penalty of perjury, that they're doing this, then
someone will look into writing a C&D letter.”   I would encourage other
projects to look into this.
§   Oddly, this started off as a heart-warming li'l buzzy thought, but
now that I know the door's there, I really want do this!

Fabio
PS: BTW. The Site looks nice, and apparently all is well. I'll check the
code a bit later. Its a nice color change. Perhaps next major release we
should reconsider a completely new design... :-) RFC
--
Fabio dos Santos <address@hidden>