[Protux-devel] new question to FAQ

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] new question to FAQ
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:52:36 -0200

Ok guys, I am sick of explain protux goals for those who didnt "get it". So I
suggest to put this new quesiton into the FAQ. Take a look and make
improvements if you want.

Thanks

Q: "I can't understand.. why dont you put standard menus / icons / combo
boxes? This way, Protux would be much more intuitive and make Audio
Professionals work much easier."

A: We believe this is an ilusion. Menus/icons/clicks do not make the job
easier. They make it harder.
They are considered "intuitive" based on a de-facto Windoze usage culture.
When you go to play a video game, you rarely use menus/icons/comboboxes. You
learn (normally prety fast) a combination of keys to perform actions in the
game, EXACTLY because games require that fast-usage approach. Protux believes
that it will be the most practical and most efficient tool for audio
professional, exactly because the user will feel like it was operating a
"videogame". It is just a matter of opening your mind.

--
Best Regards