Re: [Protux-devel] regarding BusMonitor

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] regarding BusMonitor
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:03:35 +0000

> If we (you ;-) ) decide to make FS clickless, it means we can remove all
> buttons, as they are useless to click on! Just a text should do then. But
> really hard to implement. And very confusing to the user!

Well this is the plan, but this will be possible only when I make more
contextive actions (still poor)
and multi-layer (not even pre-coded yet)

> > lets reserve the letter (A-Z) to very used actions. Those interface
> > adjustments could also be jmb oriented, but in the future, in a special
> > mode, like , you <IA> (Interface adjustments) then all actions will
> > adjust the interface, then you get back to work with <ESC> , and so on...
>
> Yes, but people wiht LOTS of busses are probably using this
> "show_only_vus_in/ out" more the once....
yes, you're right.

> Ehm, eliminating the splitter is just one of the things I've finished right
> now.......  :-(

> But I agree that the <B> key for the BM is confusing as it is also used for
> selecting Busses which is a completely different thing.
>
> I don't like splitters, and it's really annoying to have them in
> BusMonitor. (Thats MHO ;-)
> The reason: wasting space in BM and when BM is docked, the splitter easely
> becomes invisible and you have to restart protux to make for example the
> VU's in visible again!!

The ideal for me is the same for you: clean interface . we only disagree in the
way. I prefer to use standard widget right now to
save jmb actions, until we have the multi-layer jmb and more contextive action
handling. I used the splitter because it looked fine to me. But
if you want to put some temporary jmb actions, its fine. We surely will have to
review them when implementd the Multi-layer jmb.

> Please, give me some more time to finish it, and give it a try...

absolutely :-)

--
Best Regards