Re: [Protux-devel] I am alive :-)

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] I am alive :-)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 08:24:54 +0100

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 23:19:08 +0100
address@hidden (booker) wrote:

> Am Samstag 08 März 2003 04:22 nachmittags/abends schrieb Luciano Giordana:
> > hi all,
>
> Hi! :-))
>

> > This is to tell that I am still alive and working in
> > mustux normally. I commited somethings yesterday and a
> > file called LUCIANO-COMMUNICATION, please read it
>

> Yes I noticed it during the last update, but I still can't compile libmustux
> because of this:

> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
> -D_REENTRANT -D_ALSA -c MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc -MT
> MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.TPlo
> -fPIC -DPIC
> MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc: In member function `int
> MustuxAudioDeviceMapper::Bus::open(int, int, int)':
> MustuxAudioDeviceMapper.cc:1015: invalid conversion from `snd_pcm_uframes_t*'
> to `int*'
> /usr/include/alsa/pcm.h:546: too many arguments to function
> `snd_pcm_uframes_t
> snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_size_min(const snd_pcm_hw_params_t*, int*)'

probably your alsa libs are too old... the current prototype of this function
is now
snd_pcm_hw_params_get_periode_size_min (const snd_pcm_hw_params_t *,
snd_pcm_uframes_t *, int *).

I think you'll need to upgrade your alsa stuff ! I would recommend 0.9.0rc7 as
according to the alsa mailing list, rc8 has several problems.

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch