[Protux-devel] how to go on during 0.16.x and 0.17.x

From: Martin Herren
Subject: [Protux-devel] how to go on during 0.16.x and 0.17.x
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:05:03 +0100

Hej,

how will devellopment go on once 0.16.0 is out ? As far as i understood there
will be no new feature added during this serie, only bugfixes. Is this correct
? So in this case we won't stay very long in the 0.16 serie, and go on with
0.17 quite soon ?

In the PLAN file, there are following goals which should be reached during
development of 0.17.x:
 - Mixer/Recorder review
 - Duplex mode
 - correction filters
 - mp3/ogg import
 - improvements
For the first 3 points, i won't be able to contribute in coding, as my
knowledge of libmustux/protux and generally sound programing is not good enough
yet, and not enough time to spend to get it for the moment.
Perhaps i'll be able to contribute to mp3/ogg import, but i think i'll be
mainly able to contribute on the last point: other improvements.

So i could work on following points:
 - autostuff (mainly to get rid of make -f admin/Makefile.common)
 - improvement on ProjectManager
 - general interface and layout stuff:
    - The LCD, cursor/zoom status and BusMonitor all draw in the same
MustuxDrawable widget, it would be better that each has it's own widget, so
protux will adapt better to different screensizes and behave better when
resizing the windows (no more hardcoded screenoffsets for positioning). It will
also be easier to add new stuff like the Spectrogram. (should be easy to change)
    - I could try to work on vzoom, and on a scrollbar which appears when not
all tracks can be displayed on the screen.
    - Other interface/layout stuff

so what do you think about it ?

/Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc