Re: [Protux-devel] New implementations in ProjectManager

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] New implementations in ProjectManager
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 01:14:43 +0100

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003 13:29:55 +0000
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> I noticed that there is no way to check if a Song is playing or recording.
> I am adding a get_status() function with can return this
>
> Song::ARMED
> Song::RECORDING
> Song::PLAYING
> Song::RENDERING
>

> so you can use it to avoid PM problems..
>
> you can call it from Interface class by calling
> project->get_current_song()->get_status()

i think it's better to call it from within the ProjectManager, as nothing
prevents the user to keep the ProjectManager open and starting playing or
recording...
And this enables to be more selectif about which action in PM is allowed while
playing/recording and which not.

this check should also be called for <<ESC>>, so that the song is stopped
before saved and exited...

Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc