[Protux-devel] Re: [Protux-support] SB Live Problem

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: [Protux-devel] Re: [Protux-support] SB Live Problem
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:02:13 +0200

But, just as Valery mentioned before, it works fine during the 0.13.x series,
for example ...

So is there really no other way to solve this problem (./protux
--oss-emulation-off)?

greetings
Reinhard

> I think I found out what happens with SB Live.
>
> There is a bug is the OSS driver that prevents SB Live being accessed by
> normal /dev/dsp ioctl  calls. When used with ALSA, the OSS emulation must
> even be turned off to prevent such erros. SB Live is supposed to be used only
> with standard ALSA access, that protux DOES NOT have yet.
> This way, I believe protux will be able to run over a SB Live only after full
> ALSA support.

Jetzt testen fur 1 Euro! Ihr All-in-one-Paket!
https://digitaledienste.web.de/Club/formular/?mc=021106