proofreaders

Re: (no subject)

From: Chris Devers
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:52:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> The following came to me from the proofreaders mailing list. I don't
> know how trash like this could get through, but it needs to be stopped.
> Any person who would send cash to this obvious scam is to be pitied.

One word: SpamAssassin.

Blocking spam at the list level is nice, but false positives are inevitable
with spam filters, and the administrative overhead of screening list spam
can be daunting.

Even if this list managed to filter all spam anyway, you're still likely
to get it from other sources; personal / local solutions like SA are
probably the most pragmatic solution in the end (not that they do anything
about the wasted bandwidth, but everything is a tradeoff).

In any case, it's nice to see that other humans read this list.

Hello, fellow human :)

--
Chris Devers