proofreaders

Review/proofreading of findutils documentation

From: James Youngman
Subject: Review/proofreading of findutils documentation
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:13:15 +0100

I recently made some minor changes to the manual pages for the
programs in GNU findutils (that is, the manpages for find, locate and
xargs).

During this process I noticed that some information is present in the
manpages and not in the Texinfo documentation.  No doubt the opposite
is true too.  I'm sure that there is also information that would be
useful but does not appear in either.

Therfore I'm calling for volunteer(s) to read the existing
documentation, both the Texinfo documentation and the manual pages,
and suggest improvements.  If you have the time, I would be grateful
for the help.  I'd guess that we're talking about a day's work or so
in total, but I expect that this is not something that could easily be
done in several five-minute chunks, because I suppose that you need to
be able to read one document, and then the other, and spot differences
in coverage between them, for example.

Many thanks for any help,
James Youngman.