proofreaders

Re: Localization

From: Peter Gossner
Subject: Re: Localization
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:47:34 +1030

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:20:28 +0200
"Ehab El-Said" <address@hidden> scribed:
Hi Ehab,
In the absence of other replies (this list is not very
active),
Perhaps you would like to check out the following:

http://www.gnome.org/i18n/
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/

(they even have specific tools for the job. and fully
support bidirectional chracter sets etc)
(they also need a lot of things translating)

down the page a little you will find mailing lists for lots
of i18n stuff..
(anything Debian does ends up being good for every body)
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/

The KDE i18n ...
i18n.kde.org/
This may be a good launch site...
www.i18ngurus.com

Finally The Linux Documentation Project may be a great place
to start.
http://www.tldp.org/
I would recommend you have a look at all of the above but
the LDP in particular.
I would also recommend you become familar with sgml / xml ..
:)
(I can help with that bit )

Pete.

--