proofreaders

Re: Korean alphabet

From: Colin Douglas Howell
Subject: Re: Korean alphabet
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 22:33:35 -0700

The bottom of the list web page (the one mentioned at the foot of each message)
says:

"Proofreaders list run by address@hidden"

so I'd guess that would be the address to try.  I've cc'd them in this message.

address@hidden wrote:
Hi Dear Colin Douglas Howell:

I agree with you at this point of issue.
Who is the coordinator of the mailing-list?

Fei Nan
address@hidden

--- Colin Douglas Howell <address@hidden> wrote:

Steve Simonet wrote:

I joined the list several days ago, and now am

getting messages which

contain letters in the korean alphabet.  I can't

read Korean, even if

I had the korean alphabet installed.  Did I mess

up setting some option

when I joined the list?

Also, someone sent me an e-mail promoting his

company.  Isn't this an

inappropriate use of the list?

-- Steve Simonet

It seems these days the list is totally dominated by
spam, mostly Korean spam.
That's what you've been getting.

There's little to no normal traffic on the list now.
I'm wondering if people
have been driven off by all the spam, and I'm
starting to think the list may
have to be closed down and reopened with a different
address and better spam
filtering.