pretest-users

Re: [Pretest-users] openindiana + libvirt + VNAT

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Pretest-users] openindiana + libvirt + VNAT
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 20:23:29 -0400

Hello Mike,

On 07/15/2015 04:30 PM, address@hidden wrote:
   If you change '--virt-type kvm' to '--virt-type qemu' on
the virt-install command line then openindiana will connect to
the default NAT network.

Thanks for the tip - I will update the website and documentation.

P.S.  The pretest project is a totally awesome idea.   I'm going to be
converting my other virtual guests over to your system as I use them
for the exact purpose pretest was created for.

Thanks for the kind words!

BTW,
Besides just the VMs, I'm also working on stream-lining the
download/build/check flow.

Using this script:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/pretest.git/tree/misc_scripts/pretest-auto-build-check

One can automatically download a tarball or clone a git repository, do a
'configure ; make ; make check'
and extract the build,test logs.

For example, running:
   pretest-auto-build-check
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/coreutils/coreutils-8.24.tar.xz

Will do everything, and will collect the logs into an archive like this:

http://pretest.housegordon.org/s/66/coreutils-8.24.pretest-build-report.build-66.tar.gz

(details of what's inside: http://pretest.housegordon.org/tarhelp ).

and finally, the script can also (optionally) upload the logs into a tiny
server,
and display the latest build reports:
   http://pretest.housegordon.org/

(The source for the python/flask server is also in the pretest git repository).

I haven't had time to properly document it, but comments are very welcomed,
 - assaf