poke-devel

Being back; epsilon release, and Jitter

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Being back; epsilon release, and Jitter
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 20:46:18 +0000

Hello everybody.

In case you are wondering, lately I have been very much absorbed by
this side project:
  https://blog.ageinghacker.net/posts/34/

I apologise for neglecting GNU and Jitter lately, not to speak of
epsilon.  This will change.

About epsilon, I still believe in the main design philosophy behind the
existing code; however there are several fundamental things I want to
change in the implementation including the core language epsilon0.  A
new complete rewrite is in order; however, before I start with that, the
plan is for me to make a "1.0" release of the currently existing code,
which while not perfect will be fun for people to play with.

Jitter is in better shape; there are some bug reports for me to handle,
some waiting for a long time; a few important new features to add, some
of which in fact already in an advanced state -- the garbage collector.
Jitter needs completion and documentation, but not a rewrite.

Both projects, including epsilon, are alive.  Feel free to write me if
you want to interact.  I am also on IRC as "lucasaiu" in the usual
places.

Regards,

--
Luca Saiu      https://ageinghacker.net
  GNU Jitter     https://www.gnu.org/software/jitter

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".