plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] Fwd: Welcome to the "Plex86-devel" mailing list (Dige

From: drew
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:02:21 -0500

Hi,
I'm the current project maintainer, and probably the only person still
playing with the source code.
Basically, plex86 will not compile with GCC 3+ (ouch), or a kernel that
is 2.6.x.  I'm still trying to figure out the first (GCC) problem, but
the second is a much more intractable one at the moment (with the time
that I've got to put into it and what I know about kernel modules).
If you don't need to run oddball binary operating systems then qemu, the
free VMWare runtime (VMWare being the product this was supposed to
compete against), the limited plex86 on sf.net (which has other
problems), or xen (and a short list of several other systems which don't
come to mind at the moment) should do the trick.
If you are trying to run the qnx demo boot floppy then you'll need to
run plex86 on an older linux system ;-).
I wish you luck whatever path you take.